- I can’t believe it’s almost July. Slow down, Summer!
- Have you been bitten by the World Cup bug? I certainly have and it’s been a lot of fun. Now that we’re in the group of 16, I have the Netherlands go all the way on my bracket. What are your predictions? There’s been some really good futball played, some not-so good and tons of drama. I love the dramz though. What is a major sporting event without it? I sincerely hope the U.S. does well this year, since the team has good potential.
- Summer means popsicles. Last year I made these yummy Plum, Basil and Yogurt Ice Pops. I’m excited to make all kinds of popsicles this summer. I just need the fruits to come out!
- I recently finished watching Friday Night Lights and can’t recommend it enough. There’s not a lot of shows that are just about people and life anymore, so it was a breath of fresh air. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are the heart and soul of that show. I’ve never seen them better. Even if you never see the whole series, at least watch the pilot. It blew me away.
- I voted last Tuesday and thought I would have to make some crazy decisions because I have no idea who to vote for, but it turns out I only needed to vote for the school board because I’m unaffiliated. That doesn’t seem right to me.
- I rather enjoy painting my nails, but I’m so bad at it and often am just lazy. So hurray right now my toes are Essie’s Pink About It and my fingers are Essie’s Turquoise & Caicos.
- I have a new niece and she is the most adorable thing ever. After her two sisters that is. They also need to stop growing!
- The diet is going fine. Slow, but fine. Most days I don’t really think about it. I’m always looking for healthier but yummy recipes these days. What are some of your favorites?